- District Olympiad in Kyiv
- Jury of the first fight of Kyiv tournament
- About IMO and Junior group meeting dates
- About the dates of the nearest International and other events
- In memory of Vitali Polonsky…
District Olympiad in Kyiv
This year the texts of the district Olympiad were more complicated than in previous years, and in some parallels are very complex. It is very, very sorry that the children could not cope with the texts, probably, especially in the 6th grade, it was my mistake. I apologize to all our 6th graders. Although some participants showed decent results, in general, the Olympiad turned out to be very complex. Looking at the tasks, I did not expect such a thing. I have several teachers and all their comments on complexity were taken into account. But everyone is wrong.
Well, on occasion, I would like to remind them that on December 15, we will host the VIII City Olympiad for students of grades 4-6, where everyone can show their true level. Registration lasts until December 8, 2019.
I can't say about other parallels that the text wasn't uplifting. Consciously, each parallel was given a complex 5 tasks. This was done for two reasons. Firstly, in order to slightly orient the participants to the future level of the city Olympiad, and secondly, very often strong participants perform all the tasks of the district in an hour or two and run away either home or go to solve problems for the senior classes. This year, for the most part, this was not, as far as I know.
About the winners of the regional Olympiad. Here, of course, it should be guided that as in any competition the winners are not those who scored a predetermined number of points, but those who showed better results compared to others. In general, the jury should understand how many points in a particular class can be awarded.
I hope that next year everything will be better…, or the heads of district Olympiads in some areas will abandon the common texts and will prepare the tasks themselves.
Jury of the first fight of Kyiv tournament
The first mathematical battle of the Kyiv tournament will take place on November 24, 2019. I remind you that we need 24 brigades in 24 fighting in grades 7-11. I ask everyone who planned to be a member of the jury of Kyiv events to help us in the next two Sundays (I remind you that the 2nd battle will take place in a week, December 1). When we conducted the team olympiad the jury count was sufficient, I hope and this time the jury will not let us down.
I remind our potential jury members and ask them to arrive. It is also possible and necessary to invite professional colleagues, friends and acquaintances and beyond this list.
CT Jury Members
About IMO and Junior group meeting dates
The first meeting of IMO and Junior groups will be held after the kolmogorov tournament, which this year takes place from December 8 to December 14 in Izhevsk. Our lecturer Alexander Golovanov is a permanent member of the jury of the event. Approximate dates of our first meeting on December 17-24, 2019, but fluctuations are possible.
The second meeting will be held from January 27 to February 2, 2020, lecturer Alexander Antropov.
The third meeting will be held at the end of March at the beginning of April 2020 upon completion of the IV stage of the All-Ukrainian Olympiad, the lecturer is not yet fully known, but the meeting will mostly be devoted to geometry.
I remind you of the lists of participants of the proclaimed groups.
- Andrey Kovrigin (Grade 10, Kyiv, Lyceum No 208)
- Aleksey Masalitin (11th grade, Kyiv, Novopecherska school)
- Mytsyk Serhiy (Grade 11, Kyiv, UFML)
- Oleg Naver (9th grade, Uzhhorod, boarding school)
- Naumets Zakhar (Grade 10, Kyiv, Lyceum Leader)
- Alexander Popov (11th grade, Sumy, Classical gymnasium)
- Yaroslav Romanus (Grade 11, Lviv, LFML)
- Dmytro Rudenko (Grade 11, Kyiv, Lyceum Leader)
- Solyduk Gleb (Grade 11, Lviv, LFML)
- Hasin Marko (11th grade, Kyiv, Rusanivskyi Lyceum)
- Mykhailo Shandenko (11th grade, Kyiv, Lyceum Leader)
- Yudin Fedor (11th grade, Kyiv, Lyceum No 208)
- Margarita Cormorant (Grade 10, Kyiv, Lyceum Leader)
- Bryl Camila (10th grade, Kyiv, Lyceum No 208)
- Volobuev Danylo (Grade 10, Kyiv, Lyceum Leader)
- Gavrilyuk Anton (Grade 9, Kyiv, Lyceum Scientific Change)
- Elizabeth peas (Grade 9, Kyiv, PNL No 145)
- Gotskivskyi Danylo (Grade 10, Lviv, LFML)
- Volodymyr Didur (10th grade, Kyiv, gymnasium No 178)
- Ivanchuk Roksolana (9th grade, Kyiv, Lyceum Scientific Change)
- Anton Kaminsky (Grade 9, Kyiv, PNL No 145)
- Kolodach Yana (Grade 10, Kyiv, Lyceum Leader)
- Mykhailo Manvelyan (10th grade, Kyiv, Lyceum Leader)
- Romanov Andrey (Grade 10, Kyiv, PNL No 145)
- Harin Mykyta (Grade 10, Mariupol, Technical Lyceum)
- Shvets Anastasia (Grade 10, Lviv, LFML)
- Ivan Shevchenko (10th grade, Kyiv, Lyceum No 208)
- Ilya Skinko (Grade 10, Kharkiv, KhFML No 27)
About the dates of the nearest International and other events
November 24, 2019 1st round of mathematical battles of Kyiv tournament (grades 7-11)
01 December 2019 2nd round of mathematical battles of Kyiv tournament (grades 7-11)
December 17 – Training meeting of the Ukrainian team and the reserve for
24 December 2019 International Mathematical Olympiads – (Grades 9-11)
(in the program – 8 days of classes)
15 December 2019 VIII Kyiv City Olympiad for students of 4-6 grades (grades 4-6)
January 08 – Ukraine team participates in the 16th International Zhautykov
14 January 2020 Olympiad (Grades 9-11)
January 19, 2020 Kyiv City Olympiad, 1st round (3rd stage of All-Ukrainian Olympiad) (grades 7-11)
Appeal January 22, 2020
January 26, 2020 Kyiv City Olympiad, 2nd round (3rd stage of All-Ukrainian Olympiad) (grades 7-11)
Appeal January 29, 2020
January 27 – Training meeting of the Ukrainian team and the reserve for
02 February 2020 International Mathematical Olympiads – (Grades 9-11)
(in the program – 8 days of classes)
09, 16, 23 February 2020 Selection of the Kyiv team and the UFML for the fourth stage of the All-Ukrainian Olympiad (grades 7-11)
Appeal february 19 and 25, 2020
February 23, 2020 VIII Olympiad of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv for students of 4-6 grades (grades 4-6)
February 26 – Ukraine team participates in the 12th Romanian Master of
02 March 2020 Mathematics (grades 9–11)
In memory of Vitali Polonsky…
This year the preamble in the yearbook "MATHEMATICAL OLYMPIAD COMPETITIONS OF SCHOOLCHILDREN OF UKRAINE: 2018-2019" will be dedicated to the memory of the permanent reviewer of these books, the Great Man and honored Teacher of Ukraine Vitaliy Borisovich Polonsky. We have been thinking for a long time in what form to make this section and stopped at this format – everyone who knew Vitali Polonsky and can and wants to write a few paragraphs about it, let him do it. The topic or content of the story is not essential, something you want to share, what you remember most. We especially ask you to do this to close friends, colleagues, students, etc. I ask you to send your memories to email@example.com , we are waiting for them within a month, because the yearbook is already actively in work and will be issued soon. So please don't hesitate.
GLORY TO UKRAINE!!!
GLORY TO THE HEROES!!!